[PD] VLC with PD-extended

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 7 07:51:28 CET 2013

hi,

it's always good to use once of the various mailing lists to ask
questions regarding Pd. this allows other people to benefit from problems.

On 01/05/2013 14:52, Elektro Moon wrote:
> Happy New Year Iohannes,
>
> I am getting closer to install your Gem .93.3 from git-hub, but it is
> not as easy as I thought before :)
> I am on Ubuntu Lucyd with an AMD 64 bit processor and a ATI Radeon video
> card in it.
> Any time I want to configure Gem, it gives me an error that I need
> openGL. I checked with glxinfo|more my openGL version and it says it is
> 1.4. So I stopped installing Mesa3D v9.0.1 as I realized it is for
> ubuntu 12.04 and not for Lucyd. And I am sure I have openGL installed. I
> used your command to congigure with GL version 1.4, but it did not solve
> the problem. I just can not compile Gem at all.
> What do I do wrong? What is the solution? Can you help me in this, as I
> am trying it already a year and just can not get the right way to
> connect my extended PD with VLC.

in order to compile Gem, you need the developer (-dev) packages of the
various packages.
on debian-derivatives (like ubuntu), Gem is already in the mainline
distro (though probably not in the most up-to-date development version),
which means, that you can simplify the building process greatly by running:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep gem
this will install all packages the package-maintainers deem necessary to
compile the Gem for the distro, which is usually a good start.

fgmfasdr
IOhannes