[PD] GEM - camera lens correction or camera calibration

Dario Pedrioli dariopedrioli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:57:48 CET 2013

hi all

I had problems with pix_opencv compilation (mainly due to openCV 2.4
installed instead of the packaged version 2.3).
I've solved so I want to share my experience.

My configuration is ubuntu 12.04 64bit, pd-extended 0.43.1_20120421
installed, openCV 2.4

Below the problems with the solutions:

error 1: /usr/include/Gem/Gem/glew.h: 1149:20: fatal error: GL/glu.h: No
such file or directory
solved installing libglu1-mesa-dev

error 2: /usr/include/Gem/Gem/RTE.h:22:18: fatal error: m_pd.h: No such
file or directory
solved changing line 61 of Makefile file with this line (pointing to
pdextended include instead of pd): PD_INCLUDE =
$(PD_PATH)/include/pdextended instead of PD_INCLUDE = $(PD_PATH)/include/pd

error 3: pix_opencv_lk.cc:902:59: error: ‘cvSubdiv2DEdgeOrg’ was not
declared in this scope
solved with installation of legacy opencv: sudo apt-get install libcv-dev
libcvaux-dev

error 4: blobtrack.h:20:82: error: ‘CV_BG_MODEL_MOG’ was not declared in
this scope
solved: uninstalled opencv 2.4.1 and now everything compile fine with
opencv 2.3 (installed through apt-get install libopencv-dev libcv-dev
libhighgui-dev)!

so the main problem is that pix_opencv is conflicting with opencv 2.4
in the README.TXT is correctly specified that version of opencv is 2.3 but
I (failing) thought that it can be compatible.

thanks a lot for the great job!
ciao