[PD] how to iterate over left and right channel separately in one Pd class?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:32:09 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm working on a Pd class with stereo channels (reverb), and the
routine happens to be most efficient when iterating over the samples
per channel, instead of left and right together in the perform loop.
However, when doing two while loops in one object, one for left and
one for right, the right channel samples get overwritten because of
sample-wise in-place computation. Is this an inescapable truth? I
mean, I could write a left channel class and a right channel class
(actually did that to verify that it works), but it's inconvenient to
use. What could be an efficient way to get them in one object?

Thanks,
Katja