[PD] Finding sample length of long aif

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:43:27 CET 2013

Greetings list,

I'm developing an application for someone that involves picking a start and end point of a selection of long (30 minute) audio files. I've solved this by using [soundfile_info] to find the length. I provide two sets of arrays. One displays the waveform of a selection set from the beginning of the file. A second displays the waveform of a selection set from the end of the file.

This works great for wave files, however [soundfile_info] doesn't work with aifs. Does anyone know of another method of getting the length (and preferably number of channels) of an aif?

Thanks,
Sam