[PD] Help to load sound

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 18:42:01 CET 2013

It is, by default 4000000. You can load larger files by changing the message to soundfiler from:

[read -resize myfile.wav sound(

[sound resize 8000000;
read myfile.wav sound(

In short, you resize a table manually to some number of samples (here it's 8000000) before you load a soundfile into it.
I believe there is an object called soundfileinfo~ or something that gives you the length of a soundfile...but I can't remember off the top of my head what it's called or where it is in pd-extended

Alternatively, if you don't want to use the soundfile as though it were a table (i.e. if you just want to play the file) it's better to use [readsf~]

Ed

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/