[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 94, Issue 68

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:35:19 CET 2013

> My guess is that its Sept 30 thru Oct 5th, but I'll double-check.
>
> .hc

nice, there is this noise in music conference in the UK just then, but I'd
ditch it for PdCon. But I'd like to know ASAP so I don't bother applying
for it (deadline is 21st now).

I agree 1st week is kinda useless and that it's be much problematic if it
were the last week of a semester.

If there's a chance now, I say we go for it. And, by the way, I say it'd be
cool if this became some an annual event. Hopefully we could rely on the
places that already hosted it to fill in the gaps every other year.

Of course I'm speaking on behalf of Brazil. This year (nothing official
yet, really far from it) we're thinking of starting an event much like the
PdCon, but open to every open source media art software. If this is
successful, we could make it a double event next year, including PdCon_2014
in it.

I kinda like the idea of pairing events, like it's kinda about to happen in
the US. This way, if anyone is busy, they don't feel that awfully bad for
missing it.

And overall, I think the importance of the event relies a lot on making an
impact on where it's taking place. I feel it was very nice to have it in
Brazil specially for that, and it feels wise to keep things rolling. So
bear with me if you think that a yearly event is bad because it might
reduce it somehow, I think it will actually make things grow. And there is
also the idea of "build it and they will come", it might be kinda
optimistic, but I think that it's also quite realistic and true.

Cheers