[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.43.4 release candidate 1: last chance to report your bugs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jan 16 16:47:43 CET 2013

On 01/16/2013 06:26 AM, Leandro da Mota Damasceno wrote:
> Well,
>
> I am having some issues, but I think they are mostly due to my setup or
> something... I'm running on 10.8.2 Mac OS X, bt.
>
> I have been running 0.42.5 because I didn't want to risk it. So I waited
> for a more stable version of pd-extended to start working hard on it. I
> already had issues on the betas for 0.43.3 so I wasn't really in hurry...

You can have multiple copies of Pd-extended installed.  On Mac OS X, its easy.
 You can copy them anywhere, or just double-click straight from in the .dmg.
If you want to keep 0.42.5 around, just rename it from Pd-extended.app to
Pd-extended-0.42.5.app and you can have both in /Applications

> so now, thing is pretty simple. First of all, I'm not getting any audio
> output. Even when it starts, pd-extended  gives me an audio i/o error that
> quickly disappears.

Serious audio errors will be logged to the Pd window and will stay around
until you clear them.  If you briefly see an audio error flash in the gray bar
in the Pd window, that is basically saying there might have been a click.

To get audio, try switching to "portaudio" in the Media menu.  Try clicking
"Reset to Defaults" in the Preferences.  Make sure DSP is on.  Its hard to
troubleshoot this one without more info.

> I'm also getting this message:
>
> memento: can't load library
> pixeltango: can't load library
> rradical: can't load library
> toxy: can't load library
> flib: can't load library
> flatspace: can't load library
> pidip: can't load library
>

> and it really can't load the libs :(

Like Marco said, in the Preferences, click "Reset to Defaults".  Those
libraries are no longer included in Pd-extended but they're still in your
preferences from 0.42.5.

> I feel pretty lame but... help?

That's why we have this list :)

.hc