[PD] Is there a feature page about PureData to write feature

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jan 17 22:57:51 CET 2013

On 01/17/2013 04:42 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> [...]

You can also easily make your own [receive] with any kinds of inlet you want
as an abstraction.  You don't need to wait for someone to implement it for you
:)  (see attached)

There are some other send/receive objects included in Pd-extended, you might
want to check them out.

> If you want an inlet for [receive] and use a GNU/Linux OS, you should use
> Pd-l2ork and contact Ivica who maintains Pd-l2ork (ico at vt.edu) about your
> feature request.
>
> I suggest this because he recently fixed a long-standing bug affecting Pd-extended
> and Pd-vanilla that would cause crashes when changing a receive-name,
> so it should be trivial to implement there.  In fact if I get some time I might just
> implement it myself and send him the patch.

Is there any bug report or documentation of this crash bug? It doesn't ring a
bell.