[PD] PD 4 Pandora

dreamer dreamer at puikheid.nl
Sat Jan 19 23:52:42 CET 2013

I've been trying to compile Puredata for the Pandora handheld. Getting the
UI to work with tcl/tk 8.5 was fairly straightforward, although the
terminal is filled with:
watchdog: signalling pd...

Otherwise I'm having a lot of issues with alsa. When selecting alsa as
output I get:

snd_pcm_hw_params (input): Invalid argument
snd_pcm_hw_params (output): Invalid argument

In the settings I can select two alsa devices:

omap3pandora (hardware)
omap3pandora (plugin)

Which both fail. When I select portaudio output I get:

pd: src/common/pa_front.c:325: Pa_Initialize: Assertion `"PortAudio:
compile time and runtime endianness don't match" && (((char
*)&nativeOne)[0]) == 0` failed.Pd: signal 6

And it crashes.

Are there some configure flags to mitigate these problems?
Some more info on the device in question:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_%28console%29#Pandora_1GHz

Any ideas to get this working are welcome :)

regards,
drmr