[PD] enhance pd-extended with pd-l2ork featues ?

batinste dwanafite at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 20 12:36:53 CET 2013

I was intrigued by this [$@< bug (mainly because i didn't knew about
this $@ thingy), so i decided to give it a try. Attached is my test
patch. It crashes on my ubuntu 12.10 64bits, Pd-l2ork version 20130111
compiled 13:18:07 Jan 11 2013, way before reaching 1000 args. I launch
it in my terminal with :

~$ pd-l2ork test-dollar-at.pd

All i have to do is continuously move my mouse over the patch while it's
running, and it will crash around 100 args. You can also try to play
with the vslider, it will crash. OR (curiously), it won't crash when
moving the mouse, but going in and out of edit mode or saving will make
it crash...

On a side note, look at the patch cord going out of the vslider : it
looks weird to me, like attached a few pixels under the vslider, not
directly connected to it.

Ok now, the fun part :
When i open this patch with pd-extended (Pd-0.43.4 ("extended-20130118")
compiled 09:30:52 Jan 18 2013), [list] only has one inlet (it should
have 2, given that it's supposed to behave like [list append]) and when
i want to see [list]'s help file, pd-ext opens bang's help file... When
i open the same patch with pd-l2ork, the lists do have 2 inlets. Oh, and
pd-extended happened to display lists with their 2 inlets, but i can't
reproduce this reliably. I tried to open the patch with -noprefs (to
ensure that i didn't have a forgotten [list] abstraction somewhere) same
issue.

Am i cursed or something ?