[PD] Mirroring physical patch cables in Pd

Tedb0t lists at liminastudio.com
Sun Jan 20 18:08:50 CET 2013

Hi all,

Does anyone know of existing designs to mirror the state of physical patch cables in a Pd patch?  In other words, I'm going to have an installation with a bunch of physical patch cables plugged in between various pods and I'd like them to control a Pd patch.

So far I've been thinking I could generate different PWM signals at each unique cable source and measure them at each receiving socket, then send the graph data to the computer and use dynamic patching to control the patch.  However, I'm wary of using dynamic patching in a production environment—any thoughts?

Thanks all!
—t3db0t