[PD] enhance pd-extended with pd-l2ork featues ?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 06:15:05 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----

[...]

> Even based on all that has transpired since, the reports
> we've gotten so far are:
>
> 1) $@ issue which IMHO is a non-issue since I don't consider this a feature
> I wish to advertise as a feature just yet (for exact reasons why it was brought
> up)
> 2) UTF inconsistency you reported that is a genuine bug
> 3) iemgui positioning which I would consider (IMHO) a fix, not a bug
>
> All in all, AFAICT this leaves us with #2.

Also see the end of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTPZxcgWoI0

When undoing the creation of an object or objects, at some point Pd-l2ork will move
the object to the place where the mouse happened to be hovering when the user clicked
<ctrl-1> to get an empty box dangling from the mouse.  But the user never actually
anchored the object there-- they only anchored it somewhere once they clicked the
mouse button.  Thus, your undo history erroneously adds an object placement event
that was never performed by the user in the first place.

Theoretically the corresponding undo event should make the object dangle from the
mouse again, but that's of very little practical value and would just bloat the undo
history with an extra step for every object in the chain.  Instead this event should
simply not be added to the undo history.  I don't know the innards of pd well, but those
"dangle" events should all have a single "0" as a coordinate so maybe you can check
for that.

-Jonathan