[PD] enhance pd-extended with pd-l2ork featues ?

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Jan 22 00:32:41 CET 2013

On 01/20/2013 01:35 AM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> On the flip-side pd-l2ork provides a solid, bug-free environment on Linux
> and looks a lot more contemporary than the aged default tk iteration. In
> other words, it is a targeted Linux distribution of pd (something that can
> be easily lost in a cross-platform effort with inadequate developer support,
> as I am sure Hans can attest to). At this point I would go as far as
> challenge you to find something that does not work or exhibits a buggy
> behavior
> $@ in msg box probably still crashes when incoming args > 1000 (same with pd-extended)
>
> -Jonathan

Can you try latest git? I think I fixed this so now the message size can
be as large as your memory allows. That said, the fix is a bit baffling.
Every so often there is an A_SEMI or A_COMMA mis-detected at location
220 inside the binbuf that is to be evaluated, so one simply ignores the
check whenever $@ is involved. This naturally requires further testing
to see if there are any regressions. I tested it up to several thousand
arguments without a crash with a patch batinste posted.

So, the lingering question is why is 220 the golden number? Is this the
maximum width for a pd script file formatting?

Please test and report (m_binbuf.c is the relevant file). Latest git
also provides fixes for UTF inconsistency as well as the other problem
with list objects Roman reported (basically both were patches I missed).

So, as of right now this should cover everything that was reported...

Cheers!

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology