[PD] enhance pd-extended with pd-l2ork featues ?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jan 22 05:58:39 CET 2013

On 01/21/2013 11:22 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>> Interesting, I'll have a go at it.
>>
>> I think I said I'd pay you if you were able to fix this.  Or maybe that
> was
>> matju.  Either
>> way if it's fixed I'll pay you for it.
>>
>> To be honest, I have no earthly idea why I care so much about this
>> feature.  Perhaps
>> it's from going through the hamster-wheel of externals all written just to
> get
>> the args
>> list when this is all that is needed to solve all but the exotic cases.
>>
>> -Jonathan
>
> You can also try the binary builds I just posted (20130121 version) that has
> all of the aforesaid fixes (assuming you use Ubuntu).
>
> Cheers!

Hey ico,

I'm curious why you made the pd-l2ork package conflict with all of the
puredata packages.  As far as I can tell, it only conflicts with
puredata-utils.  It would be very handy if pd-l2ork could live in parallel
with pd and pd-extended.

And in terms of lowering your maintenance load, you could remove lots of
libraries from pd-l2ork and instead set them in Depend: and have them provided
by the official packages that are already in Debian and Ubuntu.  You can see a
listing of what's included in Debian here: look for all the packages that
start with pd-

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-multimedia-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org