[PD] enhance pd-extended with pd-l2ork featues ?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jan 22 15:59:16 CET 2013

Ah yes, right, you have to build everything for pd-l2ork because of binary
incompatibility.  That's unfortunate, since it means you have to do all the
same maintenance/packaging work instead of building upon what's there.
Packages like pd-readanysf, pd-iemambi, and coming soon pd-fftease and
pd-lyonpotpourri, are all built to be shared across different pd versions. You
can still use the packages puredata-utils (pdsend and pdreceive) and cyclist
with pd-l2ork.

Unless pd-l2ork is looking in /usr/lib/puredata, then it will not use any of
the objects included in the puredata* packages.  The pd-* packages install
into /usr/lib/pd, and Pd-extended installs into /usr/lib/pd-extended.  If
pd-l2ork does not install into /usr/lib/pd or /usr/lib/pd-extended, then it
can coexist fine.  Just make sure that /usr/lib/pd and /usr/lib/pd-extended
are not in pd-l2ork's search path and it won't load those libraries.

.hc