[PD] BiDi-plugin

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 22 20:55:28 CET 2013

On 01/22/2013 02:11 PM, Anas Ghrab wrote:
> Le Jan 22, 2013 à 1:49 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
>
>> On 2013-01-22 12:32, Anas Ghrab wrote:
>>> Thank you for the answer.
>>>
>>> I downloaded again Pd-extended 0.43-4 (I think that the one I had
>>> was a beta one). The BiDi works :
>>
>> which platform are you on?
>> which BiDi-support are you referring to? Gem (which ought to fix
>> display of Gem-rendered text) or the gui-plugin (which ought to fix
>> the display within your patch)
>
> I'm on OS 10.7.5 (Intel).
>
> I was talking about using arabic in comments (gui-plugin).

thanks.
i thought so, but out of a sudden, i was not so sure any more.

i didn't know that the BiDi-plugin comes with PdX (or did you install it
yourself?).

> On Gem (using [text2d]), I get non-identified letters (little squares).

that's only a problem of using the wrong font (one without arabic
glyphs). choose a font that has arabic characters and they should
display. hopefully in the right direction.

fgamr
IOhannes