[PD] BiDi-plugin

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 22 22:31:14 CET 2013

On 01/22/2013 09:37 PM, Anas Ghrab wrote:

>> i didn't know that the BiDi-plugin comes with PdX (or did you install it yourself?).
>
> No, I didn't install anything else. Where can I download it, so I can try it ? The arabic working is without any BiDi-plugin in PdX ? Parenthesis are in the correct direction...

i don't know much about paranthesis in arabic text.
the Bidi plugin is mainly concerned with writing direction (that is:
writing from right-to-left, and having text that mixes these two)

if PdX already knows how to do that, my afforts were probably futile.

anyhow, you can get the BiDi pugin at the link where you initially
pointed: http://puredata.info/downloads/bidi-plugin/
there's a link to the code-repository, where you will find the actual
plugin plus instructions how to install it (+ dependencies).

>>> On Gem (using [text2d]), I get non-identified letters (little squares).
>>
>> that's only a problem of using the wrong font (one without arabic glyphs). choose a font that has arabic characters and they should display. hopefully in the right direction.
>
> Now I get letters with the an arabic .ttf, but its not the right direction...

well, Gem's bidi support has been added to the development version of
Gem about 2 days before PdX was released.
so it's not included now.

fgamsr
IOhannes