[PD] Simplest way for looping soudfiles

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Wed Jan 23 00:40:42 CET 2013

Offset would be used for looping a part of the soundfile only, it's not simple indeed because we need to know the file length too, but's it's usefull for looping files writen in real time with [writesf~] for example, in this case the offset is used for reading the sound that comes after the end of the loop for mixing it with the begining of the loop, and then it can prevent to cut some sound's releases, or reverb.