[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.43.4 release candidate 1: last chance to report your bugs

Pierre-Olivier Boulant po.boulant at free.fr
Wed Jan 23 13:22:55 CET 2013

On 23/01/2013 13:02, Patrice Colet wrote:
>> On 01/07/2013 07:51 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>>> hello, I'd like to report again a problem that is still not resolved in this release...
>>>
>>> On win32, I've got many pd patches that makes the GUI not working with mouse binding,
>>> I can not move any object on the patch, only the arrows can make it move when it's selected.
>>>
>>> It's still hard to tell where does it come from without passing hours opening, modifying,
>>> closing, and opening again patches that makes pd GUI doing this, maybe one day...
>> Yeah, that's a tough one.  Is this something that you have reported before,
>> like in a bug report in the tracker?  Do you get any error messages when it
>> happens?
>>
>> I've seen bugs like this in the past, I think we've fixed some of them, but I
>> wouldn't be surprised if there are still some out there.
> Hello, I think I've found out where this problem comes from...
> It's related with audio, asio particulary...portaudio is still a big problem here...
>
> In some words, when asio doesn't work the mouse binding is out.
>
> I'd be glad to put a bug report but I don't really know how to attribute this one,
> it's both hardware (it might be a portaudio bug),
> hardcoding (it might be how portaudio is implemented in pd),
> and interface (the tcl part shouldn't be involved when audio is messing up)...

Hi,

It seems I have something similar on Windows 7 64bits.

When selecting ASIO (DSP on or off), I have a great lag when moving the
mouse around. The object takes a second to catch up with mouse pointer
once it's stopped. There's no continuous updating of the object position
like with MMIO selected.
Happens on a new canvas with just one object, any object (I used [route]
and [sel]), not just GUI stuff. With GUI elements (numbox) the value is
not updated until the mouse stops briefly.

pob