[PD] Pd launched via rc.local can't search path

padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 19:52:31 CET 2013

On 24 January 2013 at 18:35 Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to get Pd to run at startup. I've put the command in
> /etc/rc.local.
>  Everything works fine, except that Pd seems to be unable to search the paths
> I specified (either in .pdsettings or directly in the command line). I'm
> trying to use a patch with the reverb described in the audio examples (G.08 I
> think), and there's an abstraction in it which lives in 3.audio.examples.
>  Every time I boot Pd starts all right, but I get errors because it can't
> create the abstraction.
>
>  It's a bit weird because the very same command works like a charm once i've
> logged in.

Make sure all paths are absolute, and not relative to a tilde (user home) and
point
to world readable directories.
Starting via rc.local will mean the application is launched as root, and since
there
is no login shell and cwd associated at the time it is launched the paths you
specify when logged in probably make no sense.