[PD] one more bug : vera.ttf

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 24 22:41:59 CET 2013

On 01/24/2013 10:24 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I guess x-ttcidfont-conf no longer works, it used to put symlinks of every
> installed font into
> /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType
>
> I don't know how to solve this, there must be a way that Gem can search for
> font files in a proper Debian/Ubuntu/etc way.

Gem uses Pd's open_canvas() to find fonts.
simply add /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType or whatever
to your "-path".

also, when compiling Gem you can specify a default font (with full path).

also, as user you can override the default font in your gem.conf.

finally, adding font-search mechanisms to Gem is very low on the
priority list.

fgamsr
IOhannes