[PD] one more bug : vera.ttf

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jan 24 22:46:39 CET 2013

On 01/24/2013 04:41 PM, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:
> On 01/24/2013 10:24 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I guess x-ttcidfont-conf no longer works, it used to put symlinks of every
>> installed font into
>> /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType
>>
>> I don't know how to solve this, there must be a way that Gem can search for
>> font files in a proper Debian/Ubuntu/etc way.
>
> Gem uses Pd's open_canvas() to find fonts.
> simply add /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType or whatever to
> your "-path".
>
> also, when compiling Gem you can specify a default font (with full path).
>
> also, as user you can override the default font in your gem.conf.
>
> finally, adding font-search mechanisms to Gem is very low on the priority list.

In Ubuntu and Mint at least, it seems that x-ttcidfont-conf no longer does
anything.  My /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType folder is
totally empty, even after a dpkg-reconfigure.

/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType is already included in the
Pd-extended search path by default for many years now...