[PD] gui elements documentation / list

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 23:11:55 CET 2013

> You need to specify the point or pixel size as part of the font:
> $tkcanvas itemconfigure text -fill red -font {Helvetica 16}  ;# points
> $tkcanvas itemconfigure text -fill red -font {Helvetica -16}  ;# negative
is
> pixels

ah thats helpful thank you!

it might be too much but how about turning on/off gui-plugins directly from
a patch by sending messages to pd?

also i did something like:

 proc RandomInteger1 {max} {
         return [expr {int(rand()*$max) + 1}]
 }

to randomize font size etc. right now when i open my patch i have to click
on and off the patch to refresh.... is there just a refresh pd command i
can send so i count refresh with a metro for example to create little
animated randomized object boxes?

i thought you could send a [;pd refresh{ or something like that but i cant
find it. am i crazy?

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> Pd uses almost all of the available widgets in Tk:
> http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/Keywords/W.htm#widget
>
> The 'text' widget doesn't respond to -size:
> http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/text.htm
>
> You need to specify the point or pixel size as part of the font:
> $tkcanvas itemconfigure text -fill red -font {Helvetica 16}  ;# points
> $tkcanvas itemconfigure text -fill red -font {Helvetica -16}  ;# negative
> is
> pixels
>
> You can also create a 'font' to have that setting in one spot:
> http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/font.htm
>
> Please add anything you find useful to the wiki:
> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/GUIPlugins/
>
> .hc
>
> On 01/24/2013 04:06 PM, me.grimm wrote:
> > i finally have a chance to play around with the gui-plugin stuff. using
> > "tkcanvas itemconfigure" im playing around with changing the look of my
> > patches in performance mode. question: is there a list / documentation of
> > the gui elements? other than reading over the pd-gui tcl code?
> >
> > without knowing much i was doing things like:
> >
> > $tkcanvas itemconfigure text -fill red -font Helvetica -size 16
> >
> > but -size gives me error
> >
> > so maybe there is something more other than a trial and error approach or
> > use of css knowledge which obviously does not completely translate.

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com