[PD] Faculty Job Announcement, Columbia University

Brad Garton garton at columbia.edu
Fri Jan 25 15:52:28 CET 2013

Hello pd-people!  Sorry for the cross-postings, we want to get the
word out.  Please feel free to repost this.

----------------------------
Assistant Professor of Professional Practice

The Visual Arts Program of the School of the Arts, in collaboration with
the Department of Music, seeks to fill the position of Assistant Professor
of Professional Practice in Visual Arts in the School of the Arts, Columbia
University, effective July 1, 2013.

The Program seeks applications from persons with a vibrant studio practice
in the intersection of the visual and sound arts and a demonstrated ability
to teach and mentor graduate students. The incumbent will help lead the
implementation of a new interdisciplinary area of graduate study in sound
arts, offered by the School and the Department of Music, leading to a Master
of Fine Arts degree awarded by the School of the Arts.

The new interdisciplinary area of study will engage the resources of both the
Center for Computer Music in the Department of Music and the Visual Arts
Program (Sculpture: New Genres) in the School of the Arts.

For more information visit:  http://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=57014

Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.

This position is in conjunction with our new "Sound Arts" MFA program.
We are also currently accepting applications for the Sound Arts MFA.
Please visit:  http://arts.columbia.edu/sound-arts for more information.

Brad Garton
Chair, Search Committee
http://music.columbia.edu/~brad