[PD] Loading Gui-Plugin in a Directory Other than in Standard Path

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:21:57 CET 2013

> plugins can be loaded from the user-set path because I didn't see a reason why
> someone would want to do that.

that would be so one might have a different gui look for each of their
patchs. or could distribute a gui-plug specific to their patch with
their patches, etc.

in my case im using the gui-plugs to make my patch look like some
absrtacted, glitch, unusable mess... but then if i leave it in the
standerd path every patch i would open would be like that there for if
i could [declare] the path to the gui-plug then i wouldn't have to
worry about it. only that one patch would have those properties....

> As for the prefs pane for loading libs at startup, that is bad behavior that
> should be discouraged.  Libs should be loaded in the patch using [import] or
> [declare -lib].

i agree hence the "in patch" gui-plugin loading....

hmmmm

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com