[PD] can anyone make screencasts of 0.43 editing features?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jan 26 04:04:03 CET 2013

I thought I'd find time to try making screencasts myself, but no such luck.  I
am going to include the in the Pd-extended 0.43.4 announcements.  Ryan, or
anyone else, could you make more?  I started taking notes for some screencast
ideas, in case any of these piques your interest:

a demo of all sorts of fixed annoyances:
∘ File->New in same folder as focused_window (open a patch,
  the File->New patch is created in the same folder)
∘ double-clicking a patch opens in running instance on GNU/Linux and Windows
∘ full unicode support, so Greek, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Hebrew,
  Arabic, etc. works in patches, filenames, MIDI device names, etc.
∘ Properties menu pops up where you click
∘ new subpatches open their window where you make them
∘ GUI remains responsive with 2000 messages/sec to Pd window
∘ the Window menu now shows the hierarchy of the windows with an indent

the 'log' library and the clickable Pd window:
∘ show logging at different levels
∘ filtering the Pd window based on level with the Log: menu
∘ posting at different levels using the 'log' library

tricks with GUI plugins (see example plugins)
∘ tab completion in object boxes
∘ GNOME Open/Save panels
∘ customizable object category menu on right-click menu
∘ object button bar on top of the patch

using [path] for a project-local libs folder
∘ create a folder in your project called libs/
∘ put [path libs] in your patch
∘ libs will then load from your project-local libs/ folder

.hc