[PD] Building pd-l2ork on arch linux 64

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Jan 27 15:54:40 CET 2013

On 01/27/2013 09:40 AM, Fero Kiraly wrote:
> This patch should be good for all versions of tk/tcl. But should be
> tested, I have only 8.6.

I tested it here on 8.5 and works ok, so it is now added to the git.

> yes, I have to run aclocal in gem2pdp, otherwise it wont build.
>
> [paum at bookes externals]$ make gem2pdp
> cd /home/paum/PK/AUR/pd-l2ork/src/pd-l2ork/externals/gem2pdp && autoconf
> configure.ac:44 <http://configure.ac:44>: error: possibly undefined
> macro: AM_SANITY_CHECK
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:46 <http://configure.ac:46>: error: possibly undefined
> macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
> configure.ac:47 <http://configure.ac:47>: error: possibly undefined
> macro: AM_WITH_DMALLOC
> make: ***
> [/home/paum/PK/AUR/pd-l2ork/src/pd-l2ork/externals/gem2pdp/configure]
> Error 1
>
> Do you see ? there is:
> cd /gem2pdp && autoconf.
> Shouldn't it  be:
> cd gem2pdp && aclocal && autoconf ?

Yep. I added this to the git as well.

> but running aclocal separately solves this problem as I have mentioned...
>
> its pity that I cant have in system pd-l2ork and pd-extended together,
> anyway I am trying to resolve putting puradata vanilla & pd-extended
> to live together. I know that on debian it is posiibile, so maybe
> there is some solution for pd-l2ork ?

They *can* co-exist but pd-l2ork needs to be installed as a binary in
the /usr/local folder. This can be done as follows:

cd l2ork_addons/
./tar_em_up.sh -Fw (or -u)
cd ../../
tar -jxf pd-l2ork-<arch>-<today's date in YYYYMMDD format>.tar.bz2
cd pd-l2ork-<arch>-<today's date in YYYYMMDD format>
sudo make install

The other way would be to uninstall pd-utils and change conflicts within
pd-l2ork to only conflict with that package and hope that pd-extended
does not make it mandatory. Since I have no control over the last point
(and Hans has indicated that he intends to make it mandatory), I see no
incentive in trying to do the former. Should that change, I'll gladly
look into it.

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology