[PD] Jack support on Windows

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Sun Jan 27 16:59:55 CET 2013

Hello,

on Windows only Jackdmp (Jackd2) is available, but the latest version of
Pd-extended (0.43.4-extended) does not work with Jackd2, at least on
Debian Wheezy.

It may be fixed, when this patch is applied
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3582739&group_id=55736),
because Jackd2 has removed jack_client_new () from their interface.

I have found another issue with jackd2, because hardware ports are not
reported with the register_port callback, at least not with the way I am
using it in my own software (a C#/Mono replacement for QJackCTL
https://github.com/residuum/MonoMultiJack), but it probably is an issue
in my code.

Hth,
Thomas

On 16.01.2013 18:58, Esteban Viveros wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Excuse the hassle... But I think this very important ..
>
> The windows version of pd-extended 0.43 don't have support to Jack..
>
> It would be great can connect my new pd extended release to ableton live to
> play a little..

"We left all that stuff out. If there's an error, we have this
routine called panic, and when it is called, the machine crashes,
and you holler down the hall, 'Hey, reboot it.'" (Dennis Ritchie)
http://www.residuum.org/