[PD] Solution for deleting files via pd?

Sebastian Valenzuela svalenzuelamusic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 22:25:48 CET 2013

Hi list,

My Pd patch creates and saves new audio files to a designated folder on my
desktop. I would like to have Pd delete these files every time I open my
patch ([loadbang]).

I've heard the [shell] object is a possibility, but i'm not too keen on
terminal commands or how they will pertain to [shell]...

Can anyone please give me an example of a command I would send to [shell]
to delete all files within a specified folder on my desktop? If this isn't
the best way to do it, is there another possibility through Pd?

Thank you for your time,
Sebastian