[PD] remote desktop on the Pi and other questions about it

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 01:40:57 CET 2013

Hello Pi people, I just got one of these to mess with, getting it to run
the OS was very simple, need help with other stuff.

What do you recommend for remote desktopping (controlling the Pi via a
laptop, by having the laptop's keyboard/trackpad as input and getting the
screen to show what's going on).

I know there's something called VNC around, but it seems to come in
different softwares, which one(s) have you been using. Or, better put, just
about anyone works?

I got a macbook air I'd like to use that way, by the way, so I need to run
from a MAC OS system.

To see if I got this straight, all the hardware you need to plug them
together is a crossover ethernet cable, right?

That way, can the Pi also feed from the internet I'm getting into my
macbook air vi wi-fi while it's being remotely controlled by the same
laptop via the same cable?

I guess that's it for now.

I hope we can have sometime soon a nice page with several info on how to
run Pd in the Pi in many ways. I could help on writting this kind of
tutorial

Cheers