[PD] Jack support on Windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jan 28 02:29:53 CET 2013

On 01/27/2013 01:49 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

>> De: "Esteban Viveros" <emviveros at gmail.com>
>
>> Some time ago I tried to run pdvst without sucess.
>
> ah if you put the vststuff.dll into vstplugin directory, and the pdvst folder that contains vststuff.pd patches vststuff.pdv files along with the vst host executable (it should be 'Program' folder for Ableton Live) it should be ok.
>
> I've started some time ago to give a try into recompiling pdvst with a recent pd version, but no success yet.
> It would be nice to have some patches to apply into pd-extended sources for having an actual pdvst version, but if I'm the only one interested into using this, it might not be worth the effort.

I've never looked at those patches because I've never really used VSTs.  But
post them here and I'll look at them.  If its possible to include them, I'm up
for it.  I think I remember that pdvst has a custom scheduler.  The best thing
then would be to port it to the new pluggable scheduler stuff used by pd~