[PD] [rpi] X11 forwarding woes

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Mon Jan 28 15:26:01 CET 2013

Hi list,

just starting using pd on the rpi. It works well, but there's something
strange with X11 forwarding.

Doing:
ssh -X 192.168.1.52
pd

fails with :
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied)
Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)

Doing:
ssh -Y 192.168.1.52
pd

works.

Doing:
ssh -Y 192.168.1.52
sudo pd

fails with :
debug2: X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.
Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display "localhost:10.0"

So far I'm not that concerned with real-time priority, but what's my problem ?
I found some clues on the internet but they were not helpful.

Commands like xterm and wish and exported to my display as needed.

Thanks for any idea.

Charles