[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.43.4 released!

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 10:17:11 CET 2013

Hi Hans

On Die, 2013-01-29 at 15:36 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Its time to announce the next big Pd-extended release, 0.43.4!

Congrats! Despite expressing many times how limited your time is (and
probably even more so with a family), the new release really is a
milestone. Great achievement! Impressive list of improvements, bug
fixes, new features. Many thanks to you and everyone involved.

Personally, I welcome many of your decisions like not loading libraries
per default, requiring a maintainer for each lib, removing unmaintained
libs. In my experience it was never so easy to write portable patches
between pd + libs and pd-extended. It's a huge goal to provide a
consistent experience across platforms, but from what I saw in recent
times this goal is largely satisfied. It is really comfortable to tell
people: "You just need to install Pd-extended for running this patch"
and they don't have to bother with any special settings or
configurations.

Keep up the good work!
Roman