[PD] Getting the pmpd lib (pm4pd) to load on Pd & PdE

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:12:26 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm running a seminar next week and I'd really like to do some pmpd.

As well as my own examples I was also hoping to make use of the many
examples within pmpd.
What I'm hoping to avoid is having to go through every example and
inserting [pm4pd/mass] etc. etc. into every object.

I'm on Pd vanilla but the workshop students will on PdE so a dual solution
would be best if poss.

I've renamed the folder & meta to 'pm4pd' btw.

Getting them to load at all is proving rather tricky:

With examples/01._basics.pd as our test (I like the tumbling pmpd letters -
good eye candy:)

Adding [import pm4pd] doesn't work

Adding [declare -stdpath extra/pm4pd] doesn't work

Adding [declare -lib extra/pm4pd] doesn't work

I'm aware that I've still not quite got my head around which method of
adding various libraries is most appropriate (I can't be the only one) but
that's another question for another time.

Any ideas very much appreciated.

Best wishes to all,

Julian