[PD] Working RPI Soundcards (was raspberry pi user experience)

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:39:21 CET 2013

i just tried a cheap-o mic but im assuming line-in would be the same
no? i mean it was a passive mic so what the difference would be
between that and a direct guitar line, for example, i do not know.

again, i ordered like 7 or 8 of these cheap-o line ins. ill test them
as they get delivered and report back.

yes! i know of this
http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals#USB_Sound_Cards but not all
of these test well with pd i am assuming by all the recent sound card
crackling probs. also there are more that have not been tested or/and
have been but not listed here im sure....

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres
<porres at gmail.com> wrote:
> does it work for line input or just mic?
> thanks!
>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:31:04 -0500
>> From: "me.grimm" <megrimm at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [PD] Working RPI Soundcards (was raspberry pi user
>>         experience)
>> To: "Peter P." <p8rpp at aol.com>
>> Cc: Pd-list at iem.at
>> <CACE5Q14VcCKKd9PM+6Ppm7g=_BkG6fpfZ5uoAUFmGQE3qj7Ryw at mail.gmail.com>
>>

>> i just tested this card:
>>
>> Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter ASIN: B0058P0I2C
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058P0I2C/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00
>>
>> w/ dwc_otg.speed=1 in /boot/cmdline.txt
>>
>> works between 10-20ms with no clicks with adc~ running various patches
>> from manual (reverb, octave.divider, etc)
>>
>> also works in conjunction with my edimax wifi adapter + vnc
>> screensharing (no need for ethernet cable)
>>
>> i added it and the beringer to the wiki. others should be added as
>> discovered....
>>
>> http://puredata.info/docs/raspberry-pi/FrontPage

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com