[PD] Fwd: absolute vs relative filepath on oggread~

Òscar Martínez Carmona xamps23 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:24:10 CET 2013

---------- Missatge reenviat ----------
De: *Òscar Martínez Carmona*
Data: dijous 31 de gener de 2013
Assumpte: absolute vs relative filepath on oggread~
A: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>

In reality now I'm facing some trouble composing the whole file path by
concatenating the message I got from [getdir] and the file name via osc,
I've tried [glue] and [pack s s] and I get errors on data types and stuff
like that (I'm away from computer now so I cannot prompt out) any
suggestions??

El dijous 31 de gener de 2013, IOhannes m zmölnig ha escrit:

> On 01/31/2013 21:33, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>
>> On 01/31/2013 20:50, Andy Farnell wrote:
>>

>>> Not sure what will happen on Windows regarding slash separators (?)
>>> Might not be as portable as you hope.
>>>

>> usually this is not a problem.
>> for one thing, Pd (internally) provides ways to convert \ to /.
>>

> ah, you probably meant it the other way round: that the filenames via OSC
> are given backslash delimited ("movies\gross.ogg")
>
> as long as only w32 receivers are involved, this *should* work, but just
> in case: filenames should preferably be sent with forward slashes
> ("movies/gross.ogg").
>
> gfasmdr
> IOhannes

Òscar Martínez Carmona