[PD] Fwd: absolute vs relative filepath on oggread~

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 1 09:42:38 CET 2013

On 01/31/2013 10:24 PM, Òscar Martínez Carmona wrote:
> [...]

you need to construct a symbol (absolute filename) from a two element
list (filename, absolutedirname).
[pack] and [glue] (the latter being deprecated in favour of [list
append]) and the entire [list] family of objects will help you to create
"list"s of "atoms" (aka elements, which can be either symbols or
numbers). but they will not help you to create a single symbol out of
that list.
the simplest way to do that is by using dollarg-expansion in a messagebox.

e.g.

filename
|        absolute_directory_name
[pack s s]

| ("list filename absolute_directory_name")

[open $2/$1(

| ("open absolute_directory_name/filename")

gfmdasr
IOhannes