[PD] ALSA output error (restart failed): Broken pipe

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:36:39 CET 2013

On Don, 2013-01-31 at 13:12 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Does it happen with Pd-vanilla 0.43.4 or 0.44?  I just take that code directly
> from Miller since I've never done anything with programming audio interfaces.
>  Pd definitely does not place nice with pulseaudio, so make sure its not
> running when using Pd.

Let me also add, that when Pd is already running with ALSA (or Jack, for
that matter), there is no way for pulseaudio to interfere, as the sound
device is already occupied by Pd and not accessible for pulseaudio. I
would say at this point pulseaudio can be ruled out as a cause for
Julian Brooks' troubles.

Roman