[PD] changing timestamp of noteout midi message

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:48:02 CET 2013

On Fre, 2013-02-01 at 02:19 +0100, Panagiotis Melidis wrote:
> hello all.
>

> i revive this thread to ask you if there is any way that i can edit a
> noteout message _after_ it leaves PD, in order to add the desired
> timestamp. midipipe in the end didn't work, so i am looking for
> alternatives, to no avail so far.

I still think you are looking for the solution at the wrong layer. As
far as I understand, Pd's MIDI classes like [noteout] implement the
plain MIDI protocol (which - as said before - doesn't know anything
about timestamps) and do not take into account specific features of
specific MIDI backends on specific OS'. So unless you find someone who
is willing to write a specific Pd-MIDI driver for the IAC bus (or
whatever the specific MIDI backend is), your better bet is to look for a
solution outside of Pd.

Just in case nobody else on this list comes up with a practical
solution, make sure to also ask on a forum or ML about "IAC bus" if
something like that exists. I'd imagine that Pd is not the only program
sending MIDI messages not tagged with a timestamp, though that is just a
wild guess.

Roman