[PD] Working RPI Soundcards (was raspberry pi user experience)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:22:09 CET 2013

> No, as nothing of current Pd can be hardware accelerated.
> A fast GPU would only provide a benefit for Gem.

Therefore, you can improve the performance of GEM on a RPI with an external
video card, cool.

But so just to be cristal clear then, Audio Cards do not improve CPU at
all, right? But they can improve latency issues at least, can't they?

Sticking to the Pi issue, since it is so economic in CPU power, what are
the efficiency benefits from audio cards more than just number of inputs
and outputs?

> try to make pd and pd-gui talk less to each other
 > (for instance, by reducing the update rates for your GUIs).

and how can you do that? :)

thanks