[PD] Working RPI Soundcards (was raspberry pi user experience)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:31:17 CET 2013

2013/2/1 Simon Wise <simonzwise at gmail.com>

> They are needed on the Pi ... there is no analogue input and the built-in
> analogue out is very poor, hence you need some external USB card to do more
> than use the stereo digital audio part of the HDMI output.

Sure, but besides that, I'm just wondering and asking how it improves (or
if it does at all) the CPU performance. Or latency issues. I mean, sound
cards are more than just getting sound in and out of the computer, right?
And for that matter, I'm also interested on how it works in other
computers, not only in the RPI

cheers