[PD] Pd and pulseaudio (was: ALSA output error (restart failed): Broken pipe)

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 1 18:57:16 CET 2013

> Pulseaudio respawns itself, unless you've configured it not to. You
> can disable it temporarily with the tool pasuspender.
> The syntax would be:
> pasuspender -- pd

Good to know - but even though I now theoretically know how to deal with this,
the whole thing gives me the creeps - what if some update changes the rules and
pulse starts re-spawning itself again?  I'll feel safer with it uninstalled -
then it will have a much harder time restarting itself on my machine.

cheers
Miller