[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.43.4 released!)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 21:48:43 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----

If there isn't already there should be a canvas tag common to
all broken objects. Then a gui-plugin is trivial, something like:

foreach obj $broken_objs {
    pdtk_post "$obj might be [lindex $all_objs [lsearch $all_objs $obj]]\n"
}

... where $all_objs is just a list of all objects available in Pd-extended (well,
ones that have a help patch), prefixed with the lib name.

In fact, you can already do this manually-- just look at the Pd console output
when the patch is loaded, and for each broken object error, copy the name of
the object into the search plugin entry widget.  (And choose "Object help patch"
from the dropdown menu.)

In fact, this will work for any library-- whether or not its a libdir, and whether or
not it's loaded or even compiled-- as long as there is a *-help.pd patch for the
object or objects in the standard search paths of Pd.

-Jonathan