[PD] Apply missing

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Sat Feb 2 07:32:37 CET 2013

Am 27.01.2012 um 17:39 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>:
> On Jan 27, 2012, at 11:26 AM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
>>
>>> From: Max <abonnements at revolwear.com>

>>> dialogs for the gui-objects are missing the Apply-Button. Is that a bug or a
>>> feature?
>>> the same size as another object of unknown size you can do that with a few
>>> clicks and the help of the Apply button. If you have to click OK and then go to
>>> context menu->Properties, set the size, OK repeately to do that it's
>>> simply annoying.

>>> isn't an
>>>
>>> great. i agree that ideally i'd like to be able to see that change happen
>>> immediately. even better: when grabbing the bottom-right corner i'd have an
>>> anchor to scale the object (see Max/MSP for that)…
>>
>> Also see: pd-l2ork
>
> I think you are referring to Ico trying to make the iemguis resizable live with a handle.  I should finally get to releasing something useful form the tkwidgets lib, since that also includes resizing with a handle.

I just had another Idea how to solve this: Two buttons: Cancel and OK when you change some properties in the Dialog the OK Button becomes labeled Apply. If clicked on Apply, the new properties are applied and the Button becomes labeled OK. If you click OK the Dialog is closed.
That way a double click on Apply will apply and close the dialog.

I haven't seen this anywhere before, so this might be strange to introduce a whole new button interaction concept, but I just wrote it down for someone to patent it. :)
(or maybe I haven't seen this before because it is already patented? could be too..)
m.