[PD] Freezes with Pd-Extended and Jack

Raphael Raccuia rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com
Sat Feb 2 09:08:57 CET 2013

Hi,
late for this, but problem persists in 0.43release.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3602109&group_id=55736&atid=478070

I confirm it has to do with latency: under ~20ms, bug occurs. Also
occurs when changing soundconfig.
Two things:
-as said, pd shouldn't recreate jack client on each dsp on. Other
problem is that a jack patch is lost and replaced by straight connection
(pd 0 -> system out 1 etc...). Very annoyingfor who use complex
jack-patches...
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3519504&group_id=55736&atid=478070

- >20ms latency is very highfor live processing: I calculated pd adds
22ms. The round trip latency in the lower stable state for me at 48K is
88ms (measured with jdelay tool, with RME multiface)! make a sound, have
a coffee and come back to listen (a bit exaggerated ;-) )...

rr