[PD] Fwd: absolute vs relative filepath on oggread~

Òscar Martínez Carmona xamps23 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:02:35 CET 2013

yeah, lazy me (friday's afternoon...)

if I use:
(filename)   (absolute_path_directory)
         I         I
      [pack s s]
      [open $2/$1(

I got:
error: inlet expected symbol but got "(absolute_path_directory)"

and if I switch the order:
(absolute_path_directory)   (filename)
                                     I         I
                                     I         I
                                     I         I
                                  [pack s s]
                                   [open $1/$2(

the constructed string printed is: "(absolute_path_directory)symbol" <- I
get symbol instead of the filename which I'm receiving correctly, so it
doesn't open any file.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanx again!

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM, IOhannes zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 02/01/2013 07:14 PM, Òscar Martínez Carmona wrote:
>
>> I tried that but still got some errors that I don't understand:
>>
>> doing exactly the same i got this:
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>

>> and if I switch the order I get this:
>> [image: Inline image 2]
>>
>> The second one gots closer to the goal, but why do I get "symbol" instead
>> of the filename(which arrives correctly as you can see)?
>>

> i don't understand what you are talking about
> (but then, i use a mail-reader that doesn't display images; could that be
> a problem? if so, please describe the problem in words)
>
> hmsdf
>
> IOhannes

Òscar Martínez Carmona