[PD] GOP-GUI-dynamic patching weirdness

Pierre-Olivier Boulant po.boulant at free.fr
Sun Feb 3 20:37:55 CET 2013

Hello,

I've been trying to make a copy of the Max object called "multislider".
 From what I gathered it's a set of sliders that resizes itself
according to the length of the list of values it receives. It was a
request posted here:
http://codelab.fr/3980
Sounds like something doable with dynamic patching!

I had to build some pack-like and unpack-like objects that I could
create with a variable number of in/out-lets respectively. That bit
seems ok.

But there is some weirdness on my system. (Win 7, 64bit with Pd-extended
0.43.4 win32).
- First when I start the example patch I have no problem as long as I
play with the sliders.
But when I start to change the values of any of the numboxes, that's
when things start to look ugly. See the screen shot.
- I have patch cords supposed to be hidden that show through outside of
the GOP. I can live with that.
- More concerning I can't see the cursors moving at all. I have to open
the abstraction to have them drawn in the subpatch of the abstraction.
And then once I close the abstraction, the cursors are properly drawn in
the example patch. I can play with them or with the set of numboxes that
corresponds to the current number of sliders. Once I change set and the
abstractions is resized the cursors are set to zero and won't move.
In any case the values are still flowing through the abstractions fine,
but, you just can't see the cursors of the sliders.

Maybe mixing GOP/GUI and dynamic patching isn't such a swell idea... ;)

Anything worth reporting in the bug tracker?

Cheers
pob