[PD] file format for GEM

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Sun Feb 3 21:32:19 CET 2013

Hi,

On 03.02.2013 20:19, Stephan Elliot Perez wrote:
>         I am just starting to use GEM and am having a problem with video
> playback using pix_film. The CPU goes through the roof and the video
> naturally lags. My original video clips were in .MTS (panasonic, 1920 x
> 1080) format. I then converted them into .mp4 (Codecs: H.264, AAC) using
> Handbrake and then into .mov (Codecs: MPEG-4 Video) using MPEGstream.

There was a discussion about this on the list some time ago:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@iem.at/msg37332.html

>         Are the codecs the problem or the video quality/file size the
> problem? What do you suggest I do?

I have made a small bash script for transcoding a video to MJPEG without
sound, you can find it on Github:

https://github.com/residuum/Bash-Scripts/blob/master/mencmjpeg

Usage: ./mencmjpeg original_video new_video
Or: ./mencmjpeg original_video

Hth,
Thomas
--
"Chaney was aware that anything, however small, can get the eye of the
media if it's repulsive enough." (Robert Anton Wilson - The Universe