[PD] file format for GEM

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Sun Feb 3 22:54:52 CET 2013

Hi,

On 03.02.2013 22:48, Stephan Elliot Perez wrote:
> I am talking about PD's CPU meter. I don't have the impression that PD
> takes full advantage of 2 quad-core processors. When processing audio,
> anything over 100 in PD's meter will lead to glitched audio. I am just
> wondering if it will be much more when I load other videos and transition
> between them.

Pd will only use one core, and one core for the GUI. There are ways to
distribute the load over several cores, e.g. [pd~] or use several
instances of Pd that communicate with each others:

http://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@iem.at/msg33319.html

Hth,
Thomas
--
"Spielen Sie Strip Schnipp-Schnapp?" (Adam Weishaupt to Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe in: Robert Shea & Robert A. Wilson, The Golden