[PD] Range Slider Object

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 08:28:11 CET 2013

Here's a prototype using data structures.  It has "springs"
instead of hard proportions, but it obeys the limits of the slider,
which gets closer to an rslider.  I think there's a hack to get it
to obey hard proportions.  Also, I'm just working with one
scalar so I'm not sure if I've got class-wide state in the patch
(as opposed to "per-scalar" state by storing it as fields in the
struct).

Of course this is one of those Pd-style prototypes where it
becomes increasingly difficult to do anything beyond the
prototype.  Try to encapsulate it in an abstraction and you
deal with gop resizing issues and state-saving issues.
For that matter, try making it resizable and you give up
the hard boundaries since quanta values don't accept
variables.

-Jonathan